Joan's suggestions for dealing with the tug of war bias are as follows:
- Assuming the best of other women - stop judging them.
- Resolving conflicts with female colleagues - don't ignore the problems and allow them to create more tension. Find opportunities to collaborate with other women.
- Respecting each other's diverse experiences.
- Mentoring other women can build positive and supportive working relationships.
- Advocating for other women, especially in situations where they appear to be ignored.
Photo Credit: SAIatCalU Flickr via Compfight cc