What is discovery? How can you encourage it?
- Open up to new opportunities
- Be inspired to create new ideas
- Share what you know so you can build on it and can focus on discovering what you don't yet know.
- Create a strong team by drawing on different people and putting effort into understanding their skills and motivations
- Learn from multiple people's perspectives and explore the unfamiliar
- "Inspiration is the fuel for your ideas"
What is ideation? How can you use it?
- Brainstorm to generate lots of ideas
- Encourage wild ideas which often spark visionary thoughts
What is experimentation? How do you bring ideas to life?
- Make ideas tangible by building prototypes
- Learn while building
- Share your ideas
What areas in school could benefit from design thinking?
- Building a community
- Transportation to and from school including pickups and dropoffs
- Communication within the school and with parents
- Different learning styles
- Different abilities
- The school cafeteria
- Professional development
- School schedules
- Using the learning spaces