- 41% of posts have been about teaching and learning
- 11% of posts have been about 21st century skills
- The IB Curriculum accounts for 7% of posts, with an additional 8.3% about the PYP
- Web 2.0 accounts for 6.6% of posts
- School administration comes in at 4.6% of posts
- 2.5% of posts are about R&D
Just like Sheherazade and her 1001 nights, I wrote my stories/blog posts to keep myself going during tough times, but at some point I fell in love with writing and with sharing and so wanted to continue it, even though my main purpose for writing disappeared. Now I am part of a vibrant face to face community of educators - we can talk about all the things that I used to write about and only discuss with educators online. However with half a million people reading my posts, it seemed sensible to continue to write. 1001 blog posts represents four and a half years of my life, four and a half years of moving from the darkness towards the light.
One of the stories in 1001 Nights is that of Prince Husain who has a magic carpet. Sitting on the carpet and "willing in thought" allows the carpet to fly you in the twinkling of an eye to a place "nearhand or distant many a day's journey and difficult to reach." This has been a magical carpet journey for me too. It has taken a lot of strength of thought and will, but I've travelled further than I ever thought I would and ended up in a school that is pure magic.